Monday, August 16, 2010

Dinner Day... OK I really blew it with this one...

Alright, I will be the first to admit it. I got lazy. OK, now that that is out of the way, I will talk about the successes and failures of the rest of the meals that were made. On Friday I got quite lazy and decided to just make myself some whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce... nothing fancy. Saturday I got back on track and made perhaps the best dinner of the week: Thai coconut vegetables. It was a delicious stir fry with coconut milk, sweet chili sauce, veggie broth and cumin. I put it over some brown rice and it turned out to be really delicious. Now the bad news, I completely forgot to take pictures. I really have no excuse so we'll just move on. Sunday was the disaster of the week. Southwestern Bean Salad...
The ingredients for this recipe sounded really great but it was one of the worst things that I have eaten in quite some time. I honestly gagged from just smelling it... After seeing that happen Lauren made perhaps her wisest decision ever and did not try it. So, Sunday night's dinner ended up being Chinese take-out at work. Oh well, sometimes a recipe fails. So there it is, a recap of recipes, some good, some awful but all in all it was a great time cooking this week and something I plan to keep up with.
In other news, I may be developing a black eye as I hit my eye quite hard on the corner of my car door today. Bad times. Lauren is having to listen to me whine a lot about it. Alright, I think that's it for this quickly assembled/disjointed blog entry.

8 comments:

  1. No such thing as blowing it sweetie. Some recipes are just flops and it's all part of learning. I think it's great to be a little adventurous with recipes, even though they may not turn out. That is how I have found some of my favorites:>) The Thai coconut vegetables sound interesting! got a link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am leaving you another comment because awesome blogging like this really deserves at least two comments. At least. So now you have them and you can post again right? I'll comment three times on the next one:>)
    xoxoxo
    TM/TA

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, sorry about your eye Kayla, I hope it's ok. Love you! (wow, three comments!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? No fresh post? What am I to do when I'm looking for high-quality, relevant, amusingly lame vegetarian blog reading? It's practically a sin to enjoy literacy at the level you two do and fail to use it for the edification of the public, not to mention your loving family! Cowgirl up and get that next post written! America waits!

    TDTU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Dad, I love you. I mean really. I love you. (Mom, I love you too, but Dad's comment was just...priceless.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine, so your dad does quality comments, I do quantity :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayla,

    Is your eye better?

    I'm sorry I didn't comment on this the other day-I got kinda sidetracked by Lauren's "home cooking".

    I think SW Bean salad sounds yummy. What made it grossening?

    TFA/TFA (F as in FAVORITE!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeka,
    I'm not really sure what made it so gross. Maybe the combination of spices and such? All I know is that it was awful!!!

    ReplyDelete