Monday, August 9, 2010

Cooking Week

So, I realized some time last week that Lauren and I have been eating horribly since we moved in. We have been subsisting on mostly pasta. 90% of the time that pasta has butter and Parmesan cheese... not exactly healthy. This also posed a problem when a few weeks ago I decided to go vegan. No more butter, no more Parmesan cheese, etc. And so last week I decided that I would search my cookbooks and plan a menu for the week. Today was day one and the meal was some homemade bruschetta  and some minestrone soup.
It turned out ok. However, it made me realize that I need to make my own vegetable stock as the stuff from the store is pretty foul... Tomorrow's dinner is a new pasta dish that I have never tried. So, stay tuned to our blog this week as it will be filled with cooking posts! All vegan recipes that are hopefully delicious.

6 comments:

  1. It looks delicious Kayla! I'm glad you are both trying to eat a little healthier. Man does not live on pasta alone, and neither should apartmant girls:>)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Kayla? "Fowl"? not Foul? Did Lauren proof read this for you? lol. my goodness.... That looks super yummy! I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha Victoria, as I was writing it I thought it was wrong but I left it... My excuse is that I was tired :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say something about the mispelliing,, but as one of the moms I thought it might not be appreciated Lol! Thanks for stepping in for me Victoria:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, bruschetta! Looks tasty! Have you gotten your Aunt's recipe for hummus? It's scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course she hasn't, she hates hummus! (I'm really not sure how we live together so peacefully lol) -Lauren

    ReplyDelete