Thursday, September 30, 2010

Time For Change...

It's official! I (Lauren) will be starting school again on October 12th! I was planning on going back sometime in January, but it turns out I don't have to wait! I'll be finishing my degree through Ashford University. It's traditional campus is located in Iowa but they have a great online program, which I'm really excited about. They will accept all of the 83 credits I've already earned at Oakland University, and the part I'm most excited about is how they schedule their classes. You only take once class at a time and each class lasts 5 weeks. I think this will work great with my schedule and I'm excited to be able to work on my schoolwork at my own pace and at whatever time of day I choose! It looks like it was a good thing I went back to school shopping with Kayla after all!

In other news, we just had a match burning experiment and it turns out the only time I can light a match, hold it completely horizontal and not have it burn out within 1 second is when Kayla is also lighting a match at the same time. I'm really not sure what this means, scientifically speaking, but I just lit 8 matches trying to make them not burn out so fast, but it didn't work. I'm really not sure what's going on with my match-lighting skills.

Also, we went to Pei-Wei tonight for dinner and had an awesome roomie date. Kayla will probably want to kill me for phrasing it like that when she reads this post, but it's ok. We're cousins and we're just awesome enough to have roomie dates.Be jealous. You know you wish you were us.  I had some honey glazed crispy chicken, and Kayla got sweet and sour vegetables. DELICIOUS. If you haven't been to Pei-Wei (or P.F. Chang's for that matter), you should totally go. Make it your next dinner out.


So right now you're probably thinking that we've been purposely withholding our adventurous lives from you for two weeks. It's not true. We've pretty much just been living a boring life (Kayla is now an old lady apparently. I came home at 10 last night and she was already in bed. I think I've mentioned this before, but it totally takes the fun out of having a roomie if when you come home from work, you discover that said roomie is already sleeping and therefore cannot hear your crazy work stories from the day, nor can she share her crazy work stories.) But we did accomplish a couple of somewhat exciting things recently. For starters, we re-arranged our monstrous couch as my mom had been advising us to do, and we really love it! My mom also made some covers for our throw pillows. You wouldn't believe it- they actually match our ugly couch but they look really pretty! I know, it's a miracle. But what can I say? My mom is just awesome like that. We were so inspired by our couch moving success that Kayla bought some posters at a concert she went to recently and today we framed two of them! We discovered that we need some nails in order to hang them on the wall, but we'll probably end up getting some this weekend so we can do that. So far, this is what the posters look like in the frames (doesn't our nice clean carpet make such a great background for them?? lol)

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hooo Lauren! Good for you! Do you have a plan all mapped out for your degree? How long will it take? Never mind, I'll call you. I am a little disturbed by the match lighting experiments. Didn't your mother teach you not to play with matches? (I KNOW the answer to that is yes, since I AM your mother!)
    Super cute posters,you know that tool kit we gave you when you moved in? If I remember correctly there are picture hangers or little nails in it. Yes, I am the best, thank you.
    And thank you for updating:>) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. Kayla likes Bazan?! Awesome!
    Congratulations, Lauren, on getting all signed up. You and I can later on trade impressions of online classes. xoxo

    TDTU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bazan! This was my second time seeing him in concert and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need foto of couch!!!!!!! what wrong wit u? I WUV YOU!!! And maybe I get to see said couch in a week? yeaaas? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete