Saturday, September 4, 2010

Men of Meijer also known as late night shopping trip...

First of all let me just say how thankful I am that fall is here. The weather has been absolutely perfect the last two days, and Lauren and I are more than excited to break out our sweaters. Now onto slightly more lame matters. If you know Lauren and me at all you will know that we stay up far too late most nights and love taking late night trips to Meijer. We were given a suggestion to make a post about the Men of Meijer. The intentions were good but you would not believe how hard it is to inconspicuously take a picture of someone when they are the only other human beings in the store... Let's just say that Meijer is not a hotbed of activity at 12:30 at night. You also might guess that two girls who do not look like meth-addicts get stared at a little bit. Apparently, it's not normal to be out grocery shopping so late. Who knew? We didn't get too many pictures (read: 1) and it turned out extremely blurry. But here it is:
Somewhere in that picture is a dude... I now feel more than a little creepy. So, while our late-night shopping trip was successful for shopping it was not so lucky for picking up guys. Although I can't say i'm upset given the clientele of Meijer afterhours...
Lauren and I did stop and stare at their large Burt's Bee's section for quite awhile. Eventually we pulled ourselves away without buying anything. I couldn't be more proud of us.
I mean, just look at all of those absolutely necessary products that we really really needed! Anti-aging cream? A million different lip balms? We needed it! Self-control won out in the end and we spent the next 15 minutes searching for Q-Tips. What an absolutely great time. (Ed. Note: I was about 3 minutes away from throwing myself onto the floor and screaming like a 3 year old child. It was a long night at work.) Thankfully we eventually got out of Meijer sometime around 1 a.m. I guess we'll end this post by saying good-luck to Victoria who is moving back to college this week-end. We are going to miss you so much! That's it for now.

5 comments:

  1. You both crack me up! Victoria is reading this with me and she couldn't see the guy, but I think he was at the far end of the aisle right? I am so very very proud of you for resisting the Burts Bees temptation. I know it's hard but neither of you needs any of that stuff with your perfect smooth skin:>) I loved the Men of Meijer post, you just need more practice at taking photos on the sly. Pretend you are secret agents following a suspect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...next time, the Clinique Aisle! Try late-nightr sock shopping-it's nonpareil fun, I assure you. And post more often, OK?

    xoxo

    TDTU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm feeling woosy...(name that Veggie Tales movie-Ha, like I'd remember anyhow...but I can hear a veggie saying that in my mind...don't mind me, it's late...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, the suggestion was to write about the men of Meijer NOT try to pick one up! We are philisophically opposed to picking up men in the middle of the night in a grocery store, or anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Apartment Girls! We need more posts! There's a notable dearth of "crazy shenanigans" here; can you do something about that?

    How about The Weirdest Bumper Sticker in Our Parking Lot? Or: Groceries We Bought 'Cause We Thought They'd be Good...But Weren't? Where's that AG creativity and zaniness?

    xoxo

    TDTU

    ReplyDelete