Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gettin' crafty with my momma...

A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I spent the afternoon creating a small wreath. We had gotten the idea from another blog and decided to adapt it a little bit. The final result looked something like this...



We made the wreath using a small wooden dollar store picture frame, some pages from an old book, and some ribbons and pine cones. It took us a couple of hours, but it was a lot of fun to just hang out and create together. We cut circles out of the book pages and used the end of a pencil to crinkle and curl the pages up to get the effect you see above. We then used hot glue to attach the pieces of paper to the frame, and when we were all done, I took a walk down to the corner of our road with dad and picked up some pine cones to add the finishing touches. Mom just happened to have a small key hanging around and we thought it would be a nice addition to the pine cones. The wreath is currently hanging on our apartment door, safe from the elements. It'll be a nice wreath for the fall, until it's time to put up a Christmas wreath! I don't think it will be too long before that happens though, since I'm already starting to think about purchasing a Christmas tree. It's never too early to start decorating for Christmas as long as it's cold outside! :)

6 comments:

  1. This wreath is wonderful! (If I do say so myself), I had such fun making this with you:>) xoxoxoxo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath turned out extremely cute! You guys are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's have some crazy shenanigans posted! I loves me some Apartment Girls stories! What about the always-popular Thanksgiving retrospective?

    Christmas cookies? Ornament shopping? Aaaaarrrgh! Love you girls!

    TD/TU

    ReplyDelete