Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Progress Can't Come Soon Enough

Ok, so I'm going to look at several houses tomorrow and officially begin my home search. This is exciting, right? Well yes, but it's also freaking me out more than anything! I suddenly feel very much under pressure to make a decision, and a good one at that, FAST. I got the letter from my apartment complex today asking me to make my intentions clear as far as lease renewal. Which made me look at a calendar and suddenly think "OH NO. OH MY GOSH. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??? WE ONLY HAVE 12 WEEKS UNTIL OUR LEASE IS UP!!"

Yeah. Twelve weeks until our rent goes up by $175 a month, if I don't find a house and close on it before then. I'm thinking we need a miracle here! Also, the thought of packing this whole place up and moving again in just 12 weeks (or hopefully not much longer than that!) is stressing me out. I know I'm jumping ahead of myself, but I can't help but think how much work it was to pack up everything that fit into the one little room I was living in before we moved here, and how much more work it will be to pack up all the things that can fit in almost 900 square feet! All I can say is, I'm really glad I'm not in school right now! It would be way more than I could handle while still keeping my sanity.

I'll try to keep updating and posting more often, but bear with me while I try to keep myself organized and make the largest purchasing decision I've ever made!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the house hunt, but a home is the biggest purchase of your life. It can't be rushed. Lets look into all your options before that lease expires ok? I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $175/month increase? That's crazy!

    Still, that's way cheaper than rushing into a decision you later regret...so don't choose something just because of the pressure of the deadline, ok?

    Is Kayla planning to room with you or what is she going to do?

    Can you extend your lease month by month? Talk to them and see exactly what the options are-it may help relieve some of the pressure as you house hunt.

    It is exciting (although I remember it getting grueling and disappointing, too, when we couldn't find anything we liked that we could actually afford) but you don't need to rush because you feel pressured by the lease expiration.

    Oh, and most important: pray, pray, pray! Our prayers guided us away from a house we really liked but we later realized it would have been way too expensive to heat-so it was good the door closed.

    Keep us posted! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete